Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Unshakable Truth 1: God Exists


HOW DO YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS (From The Unshakable Truth Study Guide)

What is your perception of God—what is he like? How would you define his qualities?
God has these characteristics:

Where did you get your view of God?
Check one or more.
Mostly from my parents
Mostly from the church
Mostly from my friends
Other

Many people get their view of God based on the dominant authority figure from their childhood. Is that true of you? Who was that person, and how accurately did he or she reflect who God is?

Day 1 

John 14:6 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014&version=CEV;NKJV)

“I am the way, the truth, and the life!” Jesus answered. “Without me, no one can go to the Father."

Unshakable Truth Book Chapters 1-2                Unshakable Truth Study Guide: Preface

Day 2

Genesis 1:26-27 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%201:26-27&version=CEV)

26 God said, “Now we will make humans, and they will be like us. We will let them rule the fish, the birds, and all other living creatures.”
27 So God created humans to be like himself; he made men and women.

Book Chapter 3

Day 3


18 The Lord God said, “It isn’t good for the man to live alone. I need to make a suitable partner for him.”

23 and the man exclaimed,
“Here is someone like me!
She is part of my body,
    my own flesh and bones.
She came from me, a man.
    So I will name her Woman!”[a]
24 That’s why a man will leave his own father and mother. He marries a woman, and the two of them become like one person.

Book Chapter 4

Day 4

1 Thessalonians 2:8-9 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Thessalonians%202:8-9&version=CEV)

We cared so much for you, and you became so dear to us, that we were willing to give our lives for you when we gave you God’s message.
My dear friends, you surely haven’t forgotten our hard work and hardships. You remember how night and day we struggled to make a living, so that we could tell you God’s message without being a burden to anyone.

Book Chapter 5
Day 5

“Jeremiah, I am your Creator,
    and before you were born,
I chose you to speak for me
    to the nations.”


Book Chapter 6
Day 6

32 The Lord doesn’t like
    anyone who is dishonest,
    but he lets good people
    be his friends.

Book: Chapter 7
Guide: Session 1 
Also see God Exists Index


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click to See Posts in This Page

Click to See Older Posts in This Page
Click to See All Posts in This Page